This year Tellumat’s Mandela Day initiative involved the cooking and distribution of 160 litres of food throughout various informal and poverty-stricken settlements in the Western Cape.
These areas included:
- Nectar Road Retreat informal settlement
- Steenberg Villa Military Road Steenberg
- Haven Night Shelter, Retreat
- Ark Angels, Overcaump Lavender Hill
- Village Care Centre, Montague Village Lavender Hill
- Where Rainbows Meet, Vrygrond
- Sozo, Vrygrond
Our deepest thanks to all who made this possible, from our staff and their hands-on involvement through to various suppliers who either contributed much needed items or provided supplies at discounted rates.
Our sincerest appreciation to all!
“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” Nelson Mandela