The provision of tailored support, logistics management, upgrades and solutions, thus ensuring.
comprehensive turnkey packages for the installation and deployment of radar systems.
Since installing our first radar system in 1969, we have built expertise and developed relationships with suppliers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to ensure innovative, cost-effective and above all, long-term radar solutions for our customers. Our experience and track record in the military field and rapidly expanding presence in civil aviation has placed us at the forefront of developments in radar and air traffic control systems across sub-Saharan Africa.
In partnership with reputable international suppliers we specialise in supplying, installing and upgrading primary and secondary civilian and military surveillance radar systems. We add value to predominantly factored products and systems using our recognised design, development, manufacturing, solution integration, installation and upgrading capabilities. Above all, we offer
cost-effective maintenance and support on both new and legacy systems.
- Cost-effective: Ensure delivery of project within allocated budget.
- Trained personnel: ATM provides necessary training to equip customer personnel to carry out any maintenance required. This ensures long term serviceability of product.
- Prolonged product life cycle: Provision of latest technology to ensure customer’s equipment can be maintained post expected life cycle.
- Integration: Ability to integrate various OEM products allowing for installation of multiple products to ensure best possible solution.
- Depot repairs: Inhouse repair line replacement allowing for faster turnaround times.
- Defence Forces
- Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs)
- Civil Aviation Authorities
- Airport Authorities
Services and Capabilities
- Upgrades and modifications: Software and hardware upgrades on obsolete radar equipment together with any modifications required to extend the product life cycle.
- System integration: The capability to integrate various systems from multiple OEMs, as per customer requirements.
- Refurbishment of systems: Provision of the very latest technology.
- Post design services: The design and/ or re-design of parts of a system to enable either an upgrade to or modification of an existing system.
- Tailored customer support solutions: Solutions tailored to each individual customer’s requirements including contract management.
- Field support: Assistance to customers on installed equipment reducing risk of downtime.
- Depot level maintenance: Qualified, and experienced, service technicians.
- Installation and commissioning: Installation, setting to work and commissioning of equipment (new or legacy).
- Project management: Initiate, plan, execute and management of project team to ensure on time and within budget delivery.
- Auditing of systems: Evaluation and status of any installed equipment.
- Relocating and setting to work: Decommission, relocation and installation of systems to point of fully functional.
- Software development and design: Design of various control and display software products in line with customer demands.
- Software integration: Integration of different systems through specially designed software packages.
- Software installation and commissioning: Installation and setting to work of new software packages.
- Software audit and compliance: Ensure latest version of all software.
- Logistic support management (including logistic support plans): Define procedures to maintain, rationalise and improve logistic support capabilities on an ongoing basis.
- Engineering support: Procedures to address and solve design query problems for purposes of enhancing or maintaining the reliability and maintainability of the system.
- Configuration management: Establish and maintain consistency of a system’s performance, function and attributes throughout its life cycle.
- Technical documentation: Up to date and correct information across all aspects of the product and system.
- Packaging, handling, storage and transportation: All procedures, precautions and safety requirements (including hazardous and toxic materials, RF and general safety precautions).
- Support and test: Define, support and test equipment requirements across all maintenance levels.
- Facility establishment: Define facility requirements necessary for support across all maintenance levels.
- Training: Specify training requirements, define training programmes and deliver required training.
- Computer resources: Define the procedures for operational software control and software management.
- Quality assurance management: Ensure prevention of mistakes and defects in provision of service(s) and/ or delivery of solutions, in accordance with ISO standards.
Air Traffic Management (ATM) has a strong track record in the industry with over 40 years’ experience within South Africa’s Defence Force and many of South Africa’s commercial airports. Part of the Tellumat Group, our mission is to ensure airspace safety by supplying and maintaining compliant air traffic management systems to new and existing customers in developing markets.