SYSTEM TECHNICIAN – Defence & Security
Fixed Term Contract
(Based in Simons Town – Naval Dockyard)
Tellumat provides innovative technology, services and solutions in ICT, Defence, Energy, and Transport. We require the services of a System Technician for the Defence and Security division.
- National Diploma Electrical Engineering (light current) or B-Tech Electrical Engineering
- 10 years’ experience in repair and maintenance environment
- Support and maintained Naval navigational equipment
- Driver’s license
- Worked in a Defence and/or Naval environment
- Experience with Radar Systems, Echo Sounders and GPS equipment
- Supported and repaired naval subsystem and Systems.
- Ability to achieve deadlines
- Work independently or part of a team
- Solutions driven
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving down to component level
- Ability to think logically with good planning & organisational skills
- Analyse problems and provide technical solutions to the customer.
- To assist and lead technicians with repairs of faulty products.
- Carry out installations and handover to customers
- Liaise with suppliers
- Follow repair processes and procedures
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Liaise directly with clients
Should you meet the requirements and wish to be considered for this position, please email a comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the 24th of January 2020
Correspondence will only be with short-listed candidates.
Employment Equity will be considered when making the appointment.Terms and Conditions