Grand Tellumat Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd is a joint venture company owned by JSE-listed and black-owned investment holding company, Grand Parade Investments Limited (GPI) (51%) and Tellumat (Pty) Ltd (49%) – leaders in electronic technology in the telecommunications, defence, transport and energy industries. The entity combines the investment know-how, and alternate market access of GPI, with the technology solutions of Tellumat.
- B Tech Quality Assurance
- Minimum of 5 years relevant quality assurance experience
- Minimum of 2 years managerial experience in a QA environment
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of quality systems
- Experience in the ISO 9001 Quality Management System as applied in a product manufacturing environment
- Valid South African Identity document
- Unendorsed drivers licence
- Experience in the electronic / engineering production manufacturing sector
- Continuous Improvement such as six sigma, kaizen, etc.
Recommended Competencies/Skills inter alia:
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills
- Passion for quality and strong focus on client satisfaction
- Critical thinker and solutions driven individual
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to manage stress levels in a high volume electronic production environment
- Good work ethic with compliance to quality management systems
- Able and willing to train, coach and mentor employees
- A team player yet able to work individually too
Key responsibilities include inter alia:
- Design, develop, prepare, maintain and ensure compliance to Quality Management systems (QMS) and quality plans
- Execute and/or participate in audits – internal and external, supplier audits, final and or documentation audits; etc.
- Provide independent assurance that the product has been assembled and tested to the agreed specifications and client requirements
- Audit product and product data pack for completeness and accuracy
- Risk management of quality assurance practices, methods and/or documentation, costing, etc.
- Completes and provides audit reports, findings on statistical data to management and ensures the maintenance of database
- Assist with formal release of products
- Validate test equipment and test documentation to ensure conformance to traceable requirements
- Supports operations in the introduction and control of products and continuous improvement of products and processes with regards to quality assurance of product, workflow, etc.
- Manage the corrective action process – from identification of concern to closure thereof
- Liaises with suppliers and or clients on quality assurance matters
To be considered for this position, please complete the form below by no later Friday 13 October 2017
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Employment Equity will be considered when making the appointment.