Tellumat provides innovative technology, services and solutions in ICT, Defence, Energy, and Transport. We require the services of a Product Manager position in the Tellumat Integrated Solutions division.
- BSc Engineering (Mechanical or Electronic)
- Masters in Engineering Management, or post-graduate Management courses would be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years product management or engineering experience in the Telecommunications or related industry.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on engineering experience (mechanical, electronic, software) and programme management.
- Proven experience with products requiring:
- Environmental management
- Power management
- Sheet metal cabinets
- Security systems, e.g. IP / IoT / cameras and devices
- Fibre reticulation
- Telecoms towers / poles
- Ability to apply systems engineering principles to product development.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Good understanding of the product economics and financial dynamics within the telecommunications industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Attention to detail
- Creative and forward thinking
- Professional maturity & integrity
- Positive outlook
- Good communicator, written and verbal
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Customer focussed
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by conducting market research.
- Determines scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, and evaluating new product ideas or packaging changes.
- Manage the product roadmap, detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD).
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Assist the sales team with product sales strategies.
- Assist with preparation of short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Recommends product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Reviews requirements specifications.
- Advises stakeholders on what TIS systems can do, and the wider impact on the End to End system.
- Assists Project management in defining phases.
- Responsible for driving the Change Request / Enhancement request process and impact assessments.
- Performs analysis of requirements including gap analysis.
- Reviews list of materials (BOM) impacted by design.
- Awareness of trade-offs between design sophistication, time-to-market, quality and cost.
- Maximises re-use of existing solutions.
- Protects TIS intellectual property by contributing to patent applications.
Should you meet the requirements and wish to be considered an applicant for this position, please apply online http://tellumat.com/about/career-opportunities or email firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 13 July 2018.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Employment Equity will be considered when making the appointment.Terms and Conditions