Tellumat provides innovative technology, services and solutions in ICT, Defence, Energy, and Transport. We require the services of a Mechanical Engineer position in the Tellumat Integrated Solutions division.
- BSc Mechanical Engineering or BSc Mechatronics.
- 4-6 years working experience in the Telecommunications or related industry as a mechanical engineer.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical design for the telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of electronic and embedded software design would be advantageous.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Co-ordinating development with 3rd parties.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Communicates technical and project information clearly and unambiguously.
- Willingness to work within a cross-functional team of engineers.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Drafting / drawing skills using Solid Works or AutoCAD.
- CFD airflow simulation experience.
- Experience with 3D software modelling tools.
- Understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative and forward thinking.
- Professional maturity & integrity.
- Positive outlook.
- Good communicator, written and verbal.
- Process oriented.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Customer focussed.
- Perform full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement), by applying the company’s product development methodology (PDI)
- Design systems and components to meet defined product requirements.
- Produce component specifications, designs and drawings in sufficient detail to build a prototype.
- Contribute to shaping new requirements, features and end products.
- Assist with technical inputs required for tender responses and new contracts.
- Assist with determining feasibility of new products and concepts.
- Technical product support and maintenance.
- Estimate effort and costs required for assigned tasks.
- Apply testing best practices as required during new product development.
- Advises on priority of defect fixes needed.
- Alter and modify product designs to meet requirements and to eliminate defects.
- Identify, isolate and resolve product defects.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure project goals and objectives are achieved.
- Contribute to improving the product development process.
- Apply TIS quality standards during the development of new products.
- Comply with TIS policies and procedures.
- Ensure project tasks are achieved on time.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Should you meet the requirements and wish to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 13 July 2018.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Employment Equity will be considered when making the appointment.Terms and Conditions