Tellumat provides innovative technology, services and solutions in ICT, Defence, Energy, and Transport. We require the services of a Junior Engineering Technician position in the Tellumat Integrated Solutions division.
- NDip or BTech in Electrical Engineering (L/C)
- 1-2 years working experience in the Telecommunications or Electronics
- Good maths and science skills.
- Knowledge of electronics circuit design down to component level.
- Experience with C programming and basic networking.
- Good problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule
- Ability to communicate confidently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Willingness to work under supervision of engineers, while displaying cooperative and positive behaviour with co-workers and customers.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Good understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Familiarity with SANS 10142 would advantageous.
- Attention to detail
- Professional maturity & integrity
- Positive outlook
- Good communicator, written and verbal
- Deadline driven
- Efficient time management
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Customer focussed
- Conduct tests on electronic and mechanical systems, and collect data.
- Build, operate and maintain equipment used to test products under development.
- Ensure test equipment is calibrated.
- Visit sites to isolate and repair faulty products.
- Read electronic schematics, assembly drawings data sheets, and procedures to perform testing, build fixtures, and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Design of interface circuitry.
- Embedded software development for microcontroller products.
- Participate in defect review meetings as needed.
- Apply TIS quality standards during the development of new products.
- Comply with TIS policies and procedures.
- Ensure tasks are achieved on time.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and establishing personal networks.
Should you meet the requirements and wish to be considered for this position, please complete the form below by no later than the 20 April 2018.
Correspondence will only be with short-listed candidates.
Employment Equity will be considered when making the appointment.
Please note that by completing the form you accept to the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions