Leratadima Tellumat Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd is a joint venture company owned by black-owned Leratadima Technologies (Pty) Ltd (51%) and Tellumat (Pty) Ltd (49%) – leaders in electronic technology in the telecommunications, defence, transport and energy industries.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (Light Current) or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant engineering experience
- Minimum of 2 years managerial experience in an electrical engineering function
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of engineering systems, processes
- Experience in building and maintaining client relationships
- Valid South African Identity document
- Unendorsed drivers licence
- Willingness and able to travel when required
- Experience in ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems as applied in the product manufacturing environment
- Experience in the electronic / engineering production manufacturing sector
- Knowledge of or and experience in continuous Improvement of electrical/electronic and manufacturing engineering processes
Recommended Competencies/Skills inter alia:
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills with a focus on meeting deadlines
- Critical thinker and solutions driven individual
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and interactive skills
- Ability to lead, motivate, encourage and support team and colleagues with good energy levels
- Strong work ethic with compliance to electrical/electronic and manufacturing engineering management systems
- Conscientious, well organised and have the ability to prioritise
- Able to manage stress levels in a high volume electronic production environment
- Flexible, innovative and out of box thinker remaining compliant to all regulations (statutory and company)
- Good managerial and conflict management skills
- Able and willing to train, coach and mentor employees
- A team player yet able to work individually
Key responsibilities include inter alia:
Managing and coordinating the following functions / services:
- Configuration – Ensures that documentation for items are accurate and consistent with the actual physical design of the item.
- Coordinating and prioritizing the development and availability of engineering documentation available
- Process Engineering – Defining, implementing, maintaining optimal production processes and or procedures, maintenance of production plant / machinery.
- Production Engineering – Designing processes resulting in efficient use of labour, machinery, materials and data to create the desired result. Defining the process, tools / jigs and procedures required for hand assembly processes.
- New Product Industrialization – Evaluating and managing the introduction of new products to production.
- Test Engineering – Analysing product test requirements and managing the support service to production test processes, or repair of test equipment.
- Technical Support – Provision of technical support to Sales / Marketing, Materials Management, Production and Customers
- Maintenance – Managing the maintenance and repair of various GTM facilities, calibration / repair of tools / equipment
- People Management – Responsible for all people management tasks and activities for the entire engineering department
Should you meet the requirements and wish to be considered for this position, please complete the form below and submit with covering letter motivating why you believe you are suitable for this position by no later than the 20 June 2018
Correspondence will only be with short-listed candidates.
Employment Equity will be considered when making the appointment.
Please note that by completing the form you accept to the following terms and conditions.Terms and Conditions