Tellumat provides innovative technology, services and solutions in ICT, Defence, Energy, and Transport. We require the services of a Desktop Support Technician to provide this service to all employees within the Tellumat group.
- Matric (Grade 12).
- A+, N+, MCSA or equivalent Diploma\Degree
- 3+ years of extensive experience in supporting computers and networks
- Skilled in troubleshooting hardware, software, LAN, WAN and operating system issues
- Valid unendorsed drivers licence with own reliable vehicle
- South African identification document
- Linux +, Security +, MCSE
- Information Technology: examples
- Strong knowledge of desktop / laptop hardware
- Strong knowledge of software installations, configurations and setups
- Keep abreast of changes within IT Technology
- Problem Solving; fault finding; analysing and diagnosing
- Teamwork; yet able to work alone as well
- Client Focus
- Attention to detail; quality service delivery focus
- Pro-active and self-motivated individual
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Professional and mature in approaching clients, tasks
- Good planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Good listening skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision / remote supervision
- Escalating concerns timeously
- Deadline driven
Key responsibilities amongst others
- Assist staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and software complying with given standards and guidelines.
- Participate in varied computer platforms in multi-layered client server environment.
- Train and guide staff on hardware and software usage.
- Participate in important technological department projects and perform problem diagnosis of network and desktop environment under IT Management direction.
- Update and maintain computer inventory and surplus equipment.
- Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for computing environment.
- Interact with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Identify and repair hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Establish VPN access for all remote users.
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop environment.
- Support in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
- Remote support for the required branches, employees
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners
- Basic Server support and troubleshooting
- Escalate continuous faults / same faults / etc. to line manager
- Complete and maintain a database of all calls logged, faults logged and solutions provided
Should you meet the requirements and wish to be considered for this position, please complete the form below by no later than the 29 June 2018.
Correspondence will only be with short-listed candidates.
Employment Equity will be considered when making the appointment.
Please note that by completing the form you accept to the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions